Resilient Communities Free From Poverty
· Accountability: LID Agency is accountable to its target groups, stakeholders and donors
· Awareness: We will continue to raise awareness around the underlying causes to poverty
· Participation: We value the participation of beneficiaries in all phases of the project life cycle
· Partnership: We work in partnership with communities, government and the private sector
· Skills: We believe in developing and sharing skills to fight poverty and injustice
· Transparency: We will be open and transparent in all our conduct
· Equity: We shall not discriminate our target groups on the basis of gender, race or religion
· Contribute to the reduction of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition in targeted communities
· Make agriculture more productive and sustainable for smallholder farmers
· Improve access to information, finance and markets for smallholder farmers
Our work aims to;
· Increase the resilience of livelihoods from disasters in all targeted communities.
· Make forestry and fisheries more productive & sustainable for smallholder farmers
· Increase access to safe drinking water for households in assisted communities
· Increase access to sanitation facilities for households in targeted districts.
· Improve the quality of health services accessed by communities in the targeted communities.
LID Agency uses Social Enterprises as a tool for fighting hunger, poverty, land degradation and unemployment affecting most women and youth in assisted communities.
Our Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) ensures life saving and humanitarian support reaches assisted people on time and observing a set of humanitarian principles and standard operational procedures. Our thematic ensure resilience building is a priority for assisted communities to bounce back better after any shock.
· Improve the learning environment for learners in school.
· Improve the quality of education for learners in school.
Provide material, financial and nutritional support to learners from disadvantaged backgrounds
Building Resilience During Emergency Response - Helping Communities Bounce Back Better
Integrating conservation and resilience building efforts through the Landscape Approach